As an infrastructure at the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF), the Clinical Trial Unit tracks DZIF's study activities in the “Healex Site Management System (SMS)”. Studies are sorted by indication and are continuously updated.
The study register has recently been expanded to include the category “COVID-19”. For the first time, not only DZIF study activities are presented here: In order to provide a comprehensive overview in the current pandemic situation of planned and already active COVID-19 studies in Germany, the Clinical Trial Unit is cooperating with researchers from various German Centers for Health Research and other networks.
- Overall Trial
- Study Sites (1)
Registry for Clinical Presentation and Management of Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 in the Emergency Room
Purpose / Objectives
- Identification of risk factors present at the earliest stage of hospital care (i.e. in the ED) that warrant hospital admission.
- Determination of the course of the disease and the state at which patients present to the ED
- Identification of the ratio of patients with mild or moderate to severe disease
- Comparison of diagnostic data with regard to the diagnosis of COVID-19
Comparison of different approaches to hypoxemia of patients and types of ventilatory support
Comparison of methods of risk stratification and allocation of hospital capacities
Description of diagnostic (including all results) and therapeutic management (including specific therapy for COVID-19) during hospitalization
Description of the clinical course of patients including dates of discharge or death
To develop clinical screening and diagnostic approaches
To determine baseline prognostic factors to identify patients at high risk
- Clinical suspicion or evidence of SARS-CoV-2-infection on presentation in the ED
- Phase IV
Documents (password protected)
Responsibilities in overall trial
National Coordinating Investigator
PD Dr. med. Volker Burst
Studienzentrum Med II
- Tel. +49(0)221-478-97222